The Academy Squads continue in High School during the winter and spring season. The program consists of three college showcases and participation in the Massachusetts State Cup. The season starts with a showcase in late November and then picks back up with optional indoor games in mid-January. In the spring, the Squad participates in the Club Champions League rather than the BAYS Travel League to meet the competitive demands of our program. All components of the program are included in the fee.
We understand some players participate in multiple sports. We are flexible with student’s schedules and workloads throughout the season and work with our LS students to ensure a positive experience both on and off the field.
The Academy is a great way to continue development, play with LS peers year round, and prepare them for College soccer play and recruitment.
- Teams are made up of 9th-12th graders, with separate teams for women and men, who are Sudbury and Lincoln residents.
- There are two women’s teams and two men’s teams – a Sudbury Academy U17 team and a Sudbury Academy U19 team.
- Tryouts are one night only and players must try out each year. The Academy Squads are selective and are based on players’ performance at tryouts. Decisions regarding placement are solely based on the evaluations of the Academy Squad coaches and are independent of SYSA BAYS evaluations, current or past BAYS team placements, and BAYS coach assessments.
- There is also an additional goalkeeper tryout for those players who wish to concentrate on the position. Players with a goalkeeper concentration will commit to playing the position 100% of the time. Players with a goalkeeper concentration must attend both the goalkeeper tryouts and field player tryouts
- There are four College showcase tournaments per year in November, March and June. College Showcases are held in New England with the option to travel further afield.
- The spring season begins in late March and consists of three trainings session per week and one game per week which is held on a Sunday.
- The Men train on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings from 7:45 – 9:15 at LS Regional High School. Training times are designed to not conflict with LS Regional High School spring sports.
- The Women train on Monday and Wednesday evenings from 7:45 – 9:15 at LS Regional High School and on Friday evenings from 5:30 – 7:00 at Cutting Field. Training times are designed to not conflict with LS Regional High School spring sports.
- Coaching is provided by a dedicated New England Revolution Academy coach for each Squad.
- In the winter, there is an optional indoor league that is held at Forekicks in Marlborough. Games are on Saturday’s and are held between 3:00 – 9:00 pm.
Click here to learn more about the Eligibility, Evaluations and Selection process.