The Academy Squads continue in High School during the winter and spring seasons. Our program is held opposite the fall MIAA high school season.
An unique local program, the Sudbury Academy program provides each player with the opportunity to be selected to attend College Showcases, participate in the Massachusetts State Cup, play against other elite club programs in the New England Club Soccer League (NECSL) and access to top rated New England Revolution Academy coaching methods. Each squad is provided a dedicated New England Revolution Academy coach as well.
- The season starts with a College Showcase in late November and then picks back up with indoor games at Forekicks (Marlborough) and one day a week practice at the Sudbury FieldHouse, beginning in mid-January.
- In the spring, the squads participate in the selective New England Club Soccer League (NECSL), rather than the BAYS Travel League to meet the competitive demands of our program.
- NECSL games are scheduled on Sundays and practices are held during three evenings each week.
- The spring season begins in late March and also consists of three trainings session per week.
- All components of the program are included in the annual registration fee.
Sudbury Academy Advantages and General Information
- We understand some players have rigorous academic demands and participate in multiple sports. We are flexible with student’s schedules and workloads throughout the season and work with our LS students to ensure a positive experience both on and off the field.
- Most training times are designed to not conflict with LS Regional High School spring sports (later evening).
- The Academy is a great way to continue development, play with LS peers year round, and prepare them for College soccer play and recruitment.
- The program uses VEO video equipment to video each match. Players are granted access to view and edit game film should they desire to use it for college recruiting and communication.
- Each player has the opportunity to receive one on one performance feedback from their coach or the Academy's Technical Director.
- Teams are made up of 9th-12th graders, with separate teams for women and men, who are Sudbury and Lincoln residents.
- Depending on the seasons registrants, there are typically two women’s teams and two men’s teams. Based on the player pool, teams could be assigned as U15, U16, U17, U19 in the league.
- Tryouts are held on two nights in June and players must try out each year. The Academy Squads are selective and are based on players’ performance at tryouts. Decisions regarding placement are solely based on the evaluations of the Academy Squad coaches and are independent of SYSA BAYS evaluations, current or past BAYS team placements, and BAYS coach assessments.
- There is also an additional goalkeeper tryout for those players who wish to concentrate on the position. Players with a goalkeeper concentration will commit to playing the position 100% of the time. Players with a goalkeeper concentration must attend both the goalkeeper tryouts and field player tryouts.
- There are three College Showcase tournaments per year (November, March and June), that we try to attend. College Showcases are held in New England with the option to travel further if offered.
Click here to learn more about the Eligibility, Evaluations and Selection process.