Introduced in 2017, TeamSnap is a helpful sports team/league management platform designed to manage your team schedule, track player availability, enable real-time team communication, create parent assignments (snack duty)and allows communication between the Technical Director and coaches during the season.
Though not mandatory, it is highly recommended to use Team Snap with your team this season. It will take a short amount of time to program your specific team, but the benefits one completed are numerous!
Each grade 2-8 team has been set up in Sudbury Youth Soccer's TeamSnap League with their own page. It has been populated with the player/family data that was provided at registration. All coaches should have received an email recently indicating that they were assigned to a newly created team (previous users) or asked to join TeamSnap (new users).
We have programed your teams players, so once you log into your account, your team will be there. There are a few steps that head coaches must take to begin finishing your team page.
- On your dashboard, you will see the Roster tab on the top navigation bar. Once selected, you will see a list of all your players. At each player's name you will see a Check Mark or a green box labeled as, Invite To Join/Re-Send Invitation. Families that are linked to your team have the Check Mark and those with the green box are not connected. Make sure to click this button on every player to get all your families on board!
- If you don't see a particular player on your teams page or if you need to update the listed players information, please feel free to edit accordingly. If you have coaches that have changed or are listed wrong, please reach out to make sure they have completed all SYSA procedures for being a coach. Once confirmed the SYSA admin can adjust accordingly.
- Now, it is time to customize your page by adding a welcome page note, populating your practice and game schedule, player availability and assignment schedule. These can all be populated from the blue navigation bar.
- The Availability tab is one of the best features of the TeamSnap platform. All your players are listed under each scheduled event. Mark everyone as available and ask families to change them to absent when conflicts are known. This allows you to have up to date info for game days!
- The Assignment tab can be used to assign the all important orange and popsicle duties for each game!
- Ditch your group emails from your inbox and use the messaging feature on TeamSnap. This allows you to select all the players and send a quick email if practice is rained out or if there is a last minute field change. Your families will thank you!
If you have any questions or issues setting up your team page, please reach out to: [email protected] .